Sunday 20 October 2013

Monday 21st October 2013 - New Area, New Brothers and New Friends

Me and Elder Talaipa
It has been ages since I have created a blog entry! My apologies, to cut a long story short I left my camera charger in my previous area and I still haven't received it so I have been taking heaps of photos until it ran out and now the battery is dead so all of these pictures are what have transpired since last transfer.
Me and Elder Vao
I was very blessed to have been apart of a baptism on my 1st week in the new area of Hallam in the Narre Warren Zone. It is a heavily populated polynesian area. Kind of reminds me of back home. Feels like I'm back in New Zealand haha.
Elder Alaalatoa, Me, Elder Mitchell and Elder Vao
At the baptism Elder Alaalatoa, Elder Vao, my companion Elder Faletoese and I were priviliged to have provided the prelude musical item. The spirit was felt strongly as we sang My Real Hero, a song about the Savior and his Atonement.
Farewelling Elder Zinck
At the previous transfer meeting it was very sad to farewell one of the brothers from back home in Campbelltown Sydney, Elder Zinck!. He is at home now probably catching up with all the fams and kicking back. Time has gone by too fast. Missionaries just seem to be coming and going really quick out here on the field. They will all be missed.
Sister Epa, Me and Sister Trego 
Was also sad to have farewelled Sister Trego! She has departed back home to Perth after her 18 months as a superb sister missionary here in Melbourne, she is missed by many. Sister Epa accompanied her to her last baptism and also participated in the interlude musical item with Sister Trego. They have amazing voices! Lucky for us Sister Epa still has a while to go so we will still hear some of her musical talents in the near future.
Olivia, Me and Nofo
Now I definitely know that the world is a small place because who would of thought that the Tuilagi twins who were in my ward back in Auckland, New Zealand had just moved into the ward that I got transferred to here down in Melbourne Australia! Haha. Was so good to catch up with them and talk about the Hendo YSA back home. Miss my YSA! This transfer has been so full already of life, faith building and spiritually refreshing experiences. I love my new area, my new companion and my new Hallam Ward family. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment